Friday, January 2, 2015

Really, I mean it this time!

Okay, seriously, it's time to get back to blogging. Especially since I now work at a knitting store part-time! I have lots of yarn to talk about, and projects, and....

... well, let's start with how I ended 2014. For a lot of reasons, it's a year I didn't mind seeing in the rear-view mirrors, but I did get some good knitting done.

To wit, the store is doing a giant knitalong/crochet-along/hat-along for Project Frontlines. The goal is to have 250 hats made by July 1, 2015, and we're already 10% of the way there! I've been using yarn that lost its original purpose from my stash, or charity/donated yarn from the shop, and just going to town. It's been a chance to try a lot of fun hat patterns. For my last hat of the year, I made up my own pattern.

Here it is about an hour before midnight:


And here it is all finished:


And, just for the heck of it, here are my pattern notes.... I was a bit groggy at this point due to a truly mixed up sleep schedule:


The pattern will be available shortly (once I've written it up and test-knit it once). Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...