I managed to lose all my templates in my house (naturally), so I made a 60-degree diamond. Hooray for protractors! More yay that I was actually able to find my protractor!
So, I had a template, so I cut out all the pieces. (All of them.)
Then I started piecing by hand. As I have a hate/hate relationship with my sewing machine, I tend to hand piece and hand quilt unless forced to do otherwise. (Yes, that happens.) I was able to eyeball my seams darned well, thankyouverymuch.
And then the ironing.
Now it's a case of assembling all the blocks into one giant thing. And then figuring out how to attach the batting and backing to something with really weird edges. And then I get to quilt it all...
... or stuff it in the bin with my other two finished quilt tops and hope they somehow transform into quilts on their own.
Yeah, that last option is probably closer to what will actually happen. But maybe not, we'll see!