Friday, June 13, 2008

Shoulder News

Well, come to find out, I could've been doing most of my strength exercises for my shoulder with free weights. This would've worked MUCH better for me, since I have a full set (or two), but they figured I wouldn't have them, and didn't want me to have to pay for equipment.

The PT just about tripped over herself trying NOT to say "well, you don't look like you own exercise equipment", but that's pretty much what was implied. Yes, dear, I know I'm heavy. I wasn't always, and I've been doing free weights for almost two decades when I can. I can't right now - or so I thought - because of my shoulder. They're sitting patiently in front of my chair, waiting for me. If I'd bleeding known that "regular activities" included my workouts (you said no gym machines, OK, and when I asked about weights - what did you think I meant??), my shoulder would be all better now.

*sigh*

"Fat" doesn't mean "completely unfamiliar with Not Fat", kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...