Monday, June 16, 2008

New clothes, I hope...

Since I'm on vacation, the knitting blog will be on vacation as well, and turned (briefly) to a more topical subject: what I'm wearing to my virtual-sister's wedding. Two Sundays back, amidst all the knitting, mom and I decided that we weren't finding dresses we liked for my virtual sister's wedding mid-June. So, we headed off to JoAnns, and found this:


It doesn't look like much now, but just you wait! Mom's got the blue, the deep peach (NOT orange; I was forbidden from wearing orange) is mine. The gingham (we have a ton of old gingham, which we use instead of muslin) master pattern got cut out, and fitted it tonight. The really cool thing is that, for the most part, Mom and I can wear the same size, my stuff just has to be a bit longer (which is all of a three-minute hemming job). So, if she fits it on me, we can both wear it. I *could* fit it on her, but I seem to be able to be jabbed with pins with less jumping around than she does. I think it's because I've been the pincushion for the past ten years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...