Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Practice Suit

This time, it's the Practice Suit. We have bolts, bolts and more bolts of this odd lavender/blue gingham that we used to cover all the porch furniture at my grandmother's house in the 70's and 80's. When everything moved out of that house, part of "everything" was bolts of this cloth. We use it for our pattern mock-ups and fittings, rather like most folks would use cheap muslin.

Anyway, here's my practice suit: Three quarter sleeves, the length is good, and I like the way the jacket sits on my shoulders. The drape of the actual raw silk of the actual suit will be smoother, of course, but we now feel safe cutting up the Really Expensive Stuff.



We also have the Practice Top. I opted for a sleevless-with-straps, since there is NO way I'm wearing sleeves under a jacket in FLORIDA. Not after how hot the weather has been here, several hundred miles north!


So, we know what we need to do with a whole suit. And, at the point the practice suit was finished, we had approximately ten days (only two of which weren't work days) to finish the two REAL suits. Yikes!!

2 comments:

  1. When are you going to be in Florida? And where? Bard and I would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...