Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Going a bit nuts for the Muggle Studies assignment

For Muggle Studies this month, we needed to discover a muggle Wrock (Wizard Rock) band. Since I already had one on my iPod (okay, okay, several), it was pretty easy. What wasn't so easy was finding one I liked with a logo - any logo at all! Ended up creating my own.

Here's the turn-in post:

Gosh, Professors, how did you know there was a Mudbloods reunion concert last night?? Like THE Mudbloods?
They have so many songs I love, but my favorite is t his one: Freedom is Only a Hippogryff Away
Lyrics:

Well, hippogriffs come flying in the morning
And leave me here alone.
And if I wait here long enough to meet them
I know my day is done.

And when they take me flying in the sky,
I'll be singing hallelujahs out loud!
I'll lift my arms and feel the wind a' blowin'
I'll laugh aloud and raise my wand.

(Chorus)
And with a little bit of love,
With a little bit of life,
With a little bit of sunshine?
You know that I'll be gone!

When I reach my destination shore,
My cave out by the sea?
I'll sit all day by my fire drinking whisky
'Til I know my name is clean.

(Chorus)
And with a little bit of love,
With a little bit of life,
With a little bit of sunshine?
You know that I'll be gone!

And, of course, here's the (OMG I HAVE A MUDBLOODS BUTTON!!!) button I got! Seriously, it's like this menacing "M" staring at you from a pool of blood, but that's just the "B" turned on its side. Eee!

I hadn't seen the opening act, Dragonclaw, before - I think they're new, but they were really good. More hard wrock than The Mudbloods, who are really more indie-wrock, don't you think? Anyway, eventually they came on - even Adam was back with the band, which was SOOOOO cool. They sang everything off their albums, and some of the special stuff they'd done with The Harry Potters, and a couple of covers. (Is there a wrock band out there that DOESN'T cover ALLCAPS's "Lumos Flies"?) Seriously, it was so much fun that I didn't even mind that you hadn't enclosed a return ticket home - that's what brooms are for, right? I was so happy I probably could've flown home WITHOUT the broom, anyway!

BEST. CONCERT. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...