Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fabulous!

For Potions, we had to whip up something Fabulous quickly. NOTHING says "Fabulous!" like a ruffly red boa!! Luckily, I had a lot of Starbella yarn on hand, and I've long since given up knitting mesh yarns, I just crochet them. (Faster, and if I drop my stitch, I don't lose half the scarf.)


We also got bonus points if we turned in a recipe - so I went to one of my faves (slightly modified to remove things I'm allergic to).

Recipie - Scallion Eggroll Pancakes

Ingredients
1 large egg
2 teaspoons sesame oil
8 egg roll wraps
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 cup finely chopped scallions (white *and* green parts)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
soy sauce (to taste)

Preparation
1. Beat the egg and sesame oil together.
2. Brush one side of one egg roll wrapper with the egg mixture.

3. Sprinkle with 1/4 green onions and 1 tsp. sesame seeds.
4. Brush one side of another egg roll wrapper and press wet side on top of the other one and press down to seal.
5. Repeat for other 3 pancakes.
6. Heat 1 tbsp oil on medium high heat in medium-sized frying pan (or whatever you've got, make it work!)
7. Fry each side of each pancake for about 2 minutes until golden brown. (Add more heat if necessary.)
8. Cut each into 6 pieces, and serve with soy sauce.

Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...