Friday, June 5, 2009

UFO Report: Serenity Stroller Snuggie

Okay, so I've been a Good Bunny, and have (mostly) been working on the Serenity Stroller Snuggie, which is about two feet square or so, and will hopefully be much bigger after (a) I finish the green parts and (b) it's blocked out. Either way, I am done with the orange/brown part (the Purled Llama "Dulce"), and am on the green/brown Mini Mochi merino blend. Both are washable (key, since it will be near a baby!), and I really like the colors together. Sort of subdued pumpkin-y and autumnal, which was the entire point. Anyway, here's what's left of the Dulce: about enough for a thin lace headband, which is what I think it will be, someday:


actual color of yarn

Tuesday night, I got about eight rows in, and realized something was horrifically wrong with my "winging it" for the edging. (This happens.) So, Wednesday morning, it all got frogged. To prove I'd done SOMETHING since last week, though, I took pictures.


pre-frogging - the floor is 12" squares for easy measuring...


ditto - eight rows into the green


Don't the stitch markers Deb got me just go fabulously with this yarn combo??
And yes, those are little Mickey Mouse icons on my wedding ring.

Hopefully, I'll be back to where I was shortly - here it is at the end of lunch yesterday, most of which was spent adding in my "stitch markers" - aka plastic-coated brightly colored paper clips - at each of the repeats I decided actually worked.


Just keeping track of the paper clips should keep me busy until next week, most likely!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...