Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Deathly Hallows, Part 1

Nope, nothing to do with the movie that's OMG ALMOST HERE EEEEE!

Instead, it's a bunch of crochet. There *is* a connection, for which I blame Raverly and the entire HPKCHC. (yay!)

Anyway, time to turn in the first of my Hallows. This is worth 35 points (yay), and for this option under the Resurrection Stone, the idea is to (a) give a face to a pattern that doesn't have a Ravelry photograph and (b) use at least 300 yards of fiber. I did one exactly by the pattern for Charms last month (so it doesn't count here), then another six. On three of the cloths, I swapped out buttons for French knots, which renders them decorative rather than practical, but still pretty.


Here's the lot of them:

Betsy Ross

1812 - The Star Spangled Banner

Old Glory (buttons)

Old Glory (knots)

The ones I like best, though, are the ones without any "stars" on them - totally machine washable no matter what, and there's no fear that something might melt from a too-warm Held Pot.


I'm going to do some more of these, with a slightly different color scheme, for one of the other Hallows. Whee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...