Friday, April 2, 2010

And just before I found out I had five days to knit two OTHER things...

Yeah, yeah, photos of the baby blanket next week. I'm still knitting it. My sis had better appreciate it. (Actually, she will. I know this. I just want it done.)

Okay, so, the Rogue Hooded Sweater. There was an incident.

Let me explain. I had the body done, and finished the hood. I even grafted the hood. Not super-beautifully, but well enough that only knitters would notice the problem, most likely. See? Here's the graft:


So, I started on the sleeves. And then, it happened.

I thought about it.

I really should try to think less about some things, and my knitting is definitely one of them. But this is all coinciding with me looking at all my lovely Level 1 Masters swatches - so the more I thought about the graft on my Rogue hood, the more I realized that no, I wasn't going to be able to live with it. I was going to have to re-graft it.

[insert ominous da-dum-DAAAAAA here]

So, I picked out the graft, and in the process, some of the hood unwound. Which was okay, because, really, I'd gotten MUCH better at the double-row-double-increase-start-the-Celtic-knot things, ...well, I frogged back to there (which, by the way, is most of the hood). And then the back of the hood... well, it had looked a little funny, instead of nice and straight, and if I just kept the stitches up the back live instead of casting off (that's why short rows were invented, right?) it would look better...


about half the hood unwound
Did I stop there? NO, I did not.

...but that meant I needed to undo the shoulder seams, which I wasn't really happy with. So, basically, I unfrogged about halfway back to the armpits. On the upside, all my increases will be better, and my shoulder seams will look nicer. And I'll have practiced the grafting thing more. On the downside?

I HAVE TO RE-KNIT HALF A SWEATER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...