Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Neverending Rabbits, Part II

30 Rabbits in 45 Days or Less - Most of the Rest
Last week, it got serious. A good chunk of the remaining rabbits needed to be handed out in person on Saturday; the rest, minus three (I'm keeping two, and one is for the other half of my writing group here in DC), need to be in the mail by Sunday, at the latest. By Wednesday night, things were looking grim... so I decided to stay up way too late and just finish making and stuffing all the little rabbit heads, since that's one of the tricky bits.

Thursday, I was going to sew all the back feet together, but ended up finishing thirteen bodies completely instead.

Yes, that's a bunch of little rabbit bodies on a dish drying rack. It's okay, the rack, complete with dishes, was sitting next to me on the couch. (Don't ask why the dish drying rack is on the couch. Please. Then I'd have to figure it out.)

By Friday morning, I'd hit desperate. I put the remaining rabbit heads, with enough yarn and fluff to finish them, plus assorted knitted ears, in my bag, to see how much I could get done during lunch. Assuming, of course, that I GOT lunch on Friday. I got this much done:


Bag o' Bunnies

And that was enough. Friday night, it was the Race to Attach Ears. And that went swimmingly. So, here are all the remaining rabbits, minus three, all ready to be shipped all over the country and handed out hither and thither:



Rabbits in bags, to be handed out


Rabbits to be boxed and mailed


Rabbits in Boxes

And by Sunday night, they were all shipped out, along with all my holiday cards. So, but for figuring out how to wrap my husband's and mom's presents without them finding them first, I'm pretty much ready for Christmas early this year!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I can't beleieve that. Are you knitting them in your sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Bunnies really do multiply fast and they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so fun and frolicky!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...