May your new year be safe, happy, and full of yarny goodness!
Using DMC's Metallic Mesh on Needlepoint
4 hours ago
6" at the bottom
7" at the top
It was that last question that made me realize: This is not a Muggle Studies OWL. This is a Muggle Studies/Potions/Divination NEWT, at the very least. STRONG dose of Divination, since I really, really want the jacket, and I can (more or less) see it in my head.
- WITH FLAMES. If I'm making my own jacket, it's gotta have flames.
- Orange flames. And top-down, rather than bottom-up. Let's have the bright color on top!
- All the hardware. So I need to learn snaps, grommets, buckles and zippers. There are zippers on the front (two), and each sleeve. Grommets/studs are all over, notably on pockets and the collar. The grommets and buckles are (thankfully) limited to the belt, but it's GOT to have a belt.
- It really needs facing or lining - so it would be easier to just double-knit the whole thing - which gets into the joys of figuring out how to seam double-knit things so the seams don't show on either side.
- Then there's the pattern making: what pieces do I actually need?